The project attempts to implement at most Your requirements, which is the Landscape redesign and facelift of a single-story house in California.
CURB APPEAL – Budget wise, main priority is given to the improvement of the overall curb appeal of the house. Based on the provided “Pictures of inspiration” the house’s façade is upgraded with the following features:
- New entrance portico – the main entrance to the house is emphasized with a pitched roof with an arch opening- it gives the entrance much more representativeness and formality.
- New façade finishes – the new base material for the façade is decorative bricks, combined with white crown and base moldings. Wooden shutters as well as decorative flower pots are added to the windows.
- The existing plants and shrubs which were blocking the view of the façade are removed and replaced with new decorative pebble grounds with low and drought-tolerant plants.
- The old walkway around the front of the house is replaced with new permeable paving pathway, thus complementing the existent front entrance walkway.
- The narrow living room windows are replaced with new wider ones, as well as a French window with door is added to the office.
BACK YARD AND PORCH- the back yard is treated according to Your requirements – the grass area is kept untacked, only flanked by some new decorative pebble areas. The minimalistic use of drought-tolerant plants as well as decorative pebble and stone highlights keep the backyard landscaping budget low, allowing for a grand porch with pergola to be constructed. The centerfold of the porch area is the outdoor fireplace, marked by gable roof-type pergola. On the back of the fireplace area is the BBQ area, where the existing grill (saw it in one of the pics) is placed. In front of the kitchen there is the dining area, and in front of the family room there is the family relaxation area. A private patio is organized for the master bedroom, because opening its doors directly towards the dining area would disrupt its privacy. The master bathroom is organized in such a way that it has a view towards the back yard via one-way see-through window.
The former concrete basketball area is replaced with permeable paving patio, thus utilizing the existent concrete flooring base layers. This area can be used as sun and lounge area.
The overall design attempts to give Your Home a bright, open and modern look with some contemporary touches. The outdoor design complements the indoor layout, which I would submit in the second part of the competition.
I hope You like my design :)
Deja tu comentario más abajo