Need a design superhero to transform our old, tired, 1970’s basement into a fresh new “livable” space. We are looking for a relaxed “country” feel, with emphasis on functionality, storage, sound absorption, ease of maintenance, and saleability. Lighting is currently a problem. Walls are mostly dated paneling and floors are concrete with worn carpeting. Ceilings are 8' with the exception of the entryway and a vent bulkhead which runs through the entire length of the basement. Rooms facing the front have windows and nice views overlooking mountains and horse pasture, but none in rear rooms. Rock fireplace and Stairs cannot be moved.
Here is what we are looking for:
· Front room will be used for band practice, yoga and dance. Would like a wall-mount LCD screen. 4 vintage guitars to be hung on wall. We also have a Bar and bar stools we would like to use in this room. (pic’s and dimensions included)
· Floors should have some give for yoga/dance and sound absorption (maybe cork?).
· Adequate lighting should be designed.
· Laundry room with emphasis on functionality/storage and ease of maintenance.
· Bath with jetted soaking tub (which we have) and a steam shower should be designed. There is currently a small bath that we would like to expand.
· Convert unused rooms into a master bedroom suite with large closet and TV.
· Office space, perhaps in existing bedroom.
· Storage, storage, storage! Use dead space more efficiently to create storage space. Don’t forget under stairs.
· The home is a rock home in the Smokey Mountains and I wouldn’t mind if elements of the outdoors were used in the design (maybe rock in bath/shower?).
· We are not opposed to moving or doing away with walls that are not load bearing.
· We have two beautiful antique beds with 6’ headboards that could be used.
· We also have an island that can be used in the master closet. (pic’s and dimensions included)