This is the plan for a 2bed/2bath apartment in NYC that will be renovated to contemporary/modern finish with oak flooring. There is a galley kitchen that opens into a dine-in area on one end with entry from the hallway on the other. The apartment features two walk-in closets (one located inside the master bed room (closet 1) and the other next to the master bath but outside the master bed (closet 2)). There is also a regular closet in master bed room area.
I am only looking for a layout plan. I am generally looking for ideas around how to make the best possible use of the space. Specifically, thinking about the following details:
#1. KITCHEN: What are the options available to me when renovating the kitchen:
a) What's the best layout/configuration of appliances.
b) Whether or not to open up the kitchen wall adjoining the living room.
#2. MASTER BATH: What is the best configuration to make use of the bath room space? Would it make sense to move the wall in the closet located inside the master bed to make the bath area larger?
#3. CLOSET AREA AROUND MASTER BED. Looking for a layout that helps utilize the closet space in the best possible way. Open to removing or moving the closet walls if required.
4. Ideas should include details such size of closet doors.
5. Also, we're wondering where it makes the most sense to add a tiny study nook. Master bed?
6. Renderings are optional but will be appreciated.
1. Structural elements are shown with thick walls and cannot be moved.
2. There is a column in the middle of the kitchen/living room wall.
3. The walk-in closet adjoining the master bath (closet 2) looks small in the plan but is only a little bit smaller than the Closet #1 located inside the master bed.