We are in process of building our new house and our floor plan is attached.
On the first floor we will have a big open space kitchen/dining/living room that we would like you to design (20’8’’ x 42’).
As a part of this space there is a hidden office that is divided with a wall from the rest of the space. On that wall we plan to put fireplace (5’ rectangular fireplace photo attached). It is not a bearing wall so you can move/remove it if you have better solution for office room (but it has to be a part of that space).
Things that we already have or planning to incorporate in design:
• We will use existing furniture for living room (2 ivory leather sofas 6’ and 8’ long, photo attached)
• For dining table we would like to have 10’ long spider table (photo attached). We need help with dining chair selection
• We are also planning on installing aluminum sliding doors bronze anodized finish (fleetwood.com)
• Wide plank hardwood floor (inspiration photo attached).
• Kitchen will have flat cabinet’s door and we are thinking horizontal grains (we are open for suggestions). We are planning on having 10’ long island with waterfalls on the sides. We need help with stone selection for island. We are still debating about two solutions for kitchen. One where the island will face backyard and another where the island will be toward the living room. We are also thinking to maybe design the island with the hidden small wheels underneath it so that we can move it around if needed/desired. In that case we need to organize the kitchen and dining room that can bland nicely with both orientation of island (two possible version of floor plan attached).
• We like simple, clean symmetrical design. We do not like crowded space. But we do not like empty cold space either. We like comfortable, warm, practical space where we would spend most of our time at home.
We need you to design:
• Kitchen layout (with island in both orientations) with suggestions for cabinet color, backsplash material and color;
• Ceiling solution through the space with lighting position,
• Fireplace wall with custom shelfs and material that goes on it
• Custom built shelfs and furniture, wall color and wall material through the space to connect this space so it looks cozy, modern, elegant, worm.
I’m also attaching a few photos that serves as an inspiration.
Although I submitted a lot of "dark" spaces we like white color for walls, but not for kitchen cabinet. We like modern design but we like it to be elegant and worm.