I have planned to build an annex to my existing house. The ground plans for the annex are already given, and I just need to get some ideas how the outside layout could look like. There are several options for me. The current drawing I have was made by a local architect, but this shows only the blank front layout, without any balcony or colour & special surfaces so that it fits into the whole picture next to the existing house.
The old house is from early 30’s, but freshly renovated, but still it’s 80 years old and has it’s own style. The annex needs to be modern, because it’s almost impossible to copy the old style of the house. So that’s why we have chosen a new style for the annex. In my opinion to have a good combination, I need to add an annex which is made out of a lot of glass and steel to have a nice picture of both building once it’s done.
I am also think about a solution how to combine the 2 buildings and had the idea as follow:
- Large balcony which goes from left side of annex to right side of old house
- Front facade of old house (blue patterns) can be removed and replaced by new patterns or similar colour (old house and new annex) so that it looks similar
Details of the annex are attached. At the end we will have only 1 annex which is the new living, dining and kitchen-area and on top there is a covered car port for 2 cars. Connection from the carport to the ground floor will be done through a small access area which has a stair inside.
Again, my idea is to get different ideas of drawings to get the following. I do not looking for final plans, just ideas of the layout/drawings/samples. So the following must be fulfilled:
- Layout of the old house and the annex must be similar or fit together
- Carport needs to be open and not massive (ideas for roof of carport or general layout)
- There must be a balcony from left (annex) to right (old house), with a stair to the garden on the left side
- Roof of the ground floor (next to car port) do not need to be flat.
- Drawing should also show views from the back, not only from the front. So that we can see how the carport looks like.
- The terrace is on the attached plans, but I wil not build this terrace (please ignore it)