Copia is an organic food and home life- style restaurant/take away. The restaurant not only cares about its customer’s health, but also that of the environment. The design is focus to provide a unique, healthy and organic look. Combined with delicious food and environmentally sustainable interior design will give the customers fantastic dining experience. The design purpose is to make each individual experience enjoyable and memorable.
The combination in the design of organic and cost effective materials gives the project personal touch and it will be what makes this restaurant to stand out among its competitors.
The design is created around the philosophy to be clean, modern, timeless and sustainable style.
As we are not certain on the location or the building, I’ve taken the project as a completely new build, so you can get an idea for what it could be done. For the main construction will be used 4 shipping containers. Yes – That’s correct shipping containers. And let me tell you some of the advantages from building with shipping containers.
· Shipping containers are in many ways an ideal building material. They are designed to carry heavy loads and to be stacked in high columns. They are also designed to resist harsh environments, such as on ocean-going vessels or sprayed with road salt while transported on roads.
· All shipping containers are the same width and most have two standard height and length measurements and as such they provide modular elements that can be combined into larger structures. This simplifies design, planning and transport. As they are already designed to interlock for ease of mobility during transportation, structural construction is completed by simply emplacing them. Due to the containers' modular design additional construction is as easy as stacking more containers. They can be stacked up to 12 high when empty. In that case if on a later stage you decide to expand, but you don’t have an option building on a side, it will be easily constructible to create second floor.
· Many used containers are available at an amount that is low compared to a finished structure built by other labour-intensive means such as bricks and mortar — which also require larger more expensive foundations. Construction involves very little labour and used shipping containers requiring only simple modification can be purchased from major transport companies for as little as US $1,200 each. Even when purchased brand new they are seldom more than US $6000.
· Containers are designed to be supported by their four corners making a very simple foundation possible. As well the top four corners are very strong as they are intended to support a stack of other containers. Keeping that in mind, it is a perfect opportunity to create an open space as you require with an open grill
· A 40ft shipping container weights over 3,500KG so each time one is upcycled we are saving thousands of kilograms of steel. In addition when building with containers, we are also reducing the amount of traditional building materials needed (i.e. bricks and cement). That is an Eco-friendly as we can imagine. What a better way for construction for Organic Restaurant.
Building with shipping containers it’s not only environmentally friendly, but also cost effective and quick. To give finish and modern look to the building in incorporation with the containers I’ve used pallets ( which again are extremely cost effective and eco-friendly ). The wooden pallets that used on the exterior and interior not only gives fantastic texture, but also has the purpose to provide shade and allow the design to be naturally cooled, since air can move freely between the slats. Likewise the containers, the wooden pallets are a ready source of reused material, but they also provide essential shade while letting natural ventilation via the existing overlaps in their stepped wooden slats. Since both containers and wooden pallets counterparts and standardized, they work well modular construction – predictability in size, shape and structural capacity.
Going into the interior of the building we walk in to a completely open plan restaurant that gives you an overview of the overall atmosphere, dining area and kitchen. From the main entrance on the right hand side we have the reception, where customers can place their orders and look at the menu. The menus will be place on the wall on the right which as a decorative element again are used wooden pallet to bring an accent in the building and give the worm touch from the wood material. Behind the pallets could be incorporated some additional lights to create extra shades.
The Reception area will be built from organic stone such a Nortstone tiles and have additional storage space under the worktop. For worktop surface will be used natural wood.
On the left hand side of the entrance you will have the dining area. The tables are design to be as eco-friendly as possible, but still look unique and elegant. The base of the tables will be normal Stainless steel or Chrome based in the middle. That will give you the advantage to maximize the seating. In this case you will be able to use chair from all of the sides of the table. Those tabletops – Yes again they are made from reclaimed eco-friendly pallets. Mixing two colours, dark and light give nice and modern touch to the restaurant.
The Kitchen area – The design purpose is to have open space kitchen area with a possibility to have open grill, so customers are able to see their food prepared in front of them. The same stone as the reception area is been repeated in the kitchen area. The undercounted cabinets or fridge/s will give you the opportunity to optimise the space as much as possible. That also gives you the ability to give your customers complete overview into your kitchen and the way you prepare the food.
The middle section of the kitchen will be the grill. Gas hobs and oven you need. The preparation tables will be on each side of the Island Grill. Going from the main entrance on the right hand side you will have the view of fresh squeeze juice, fresh vegetables and fruits. Also that will be the area where you can grow your own herbs. On the left hand side of the building you have the window for your Drive through pick up. Adjusted to the right height customers will be able to look through the window and see their food prepared while waiting for it.
At the back you will have additional storage and walk in fridge as you requested and another window for the Drive through Orders. One TV Screen is to be place on a side so it is visible from the kitchen are and easy for them to see the orders coming in.
On the right hand side of the building inside you will have two different areas for Ladies and Gent rest rooms. Also the manager office will be there.
Depending on the space you purchase, you might have the ability to create very relaxed and entertaining for the kids outside sitting and play area.
Following the design elements, I’ve tried to incorporate all of the sustainability, transparency, nature presence, colour pallet that will match your logo and family friendly into one - something memorable and enjoyable. Design that will give you the excitement when you walk in and want to return. It is enjoyable and clean space that customers will be able to experience fantastic dining adventure. Take away restaurant that will look stylish and it will stand out to your competition with Design Thinking, Sustainability, Elegance, Timeless design and Organic Vegetarian Experience. Cost Effective and quick construction – Copia will be one of the not so many modern and fully organic restaurants!
Deja tu comentario más abajo