We want to design a new master suite to include bedroom space, a master bathroom and a walk in closet. Dimensions for the space are attached. Within the space, interior walls can be created if necessary.
As far as door placement goes for the room, there are a couple of considerations:
1. The existing door (marked "C") can remain as the main entry from inside of the house. However, if the design requires an alternate placement for the door, then we can relocate the door anywhere along the entire wall marked "A" on the diagram.
2. We'll require a door to the exterior of the home (leading to patio). That door can be placed along either of the walls marked "B" on the diagram.
Our "wish list" for the space includes:
- Very spacious two person shower, large enough for two sets of shower heads and a bench
-Enough counter space that will allow for dual vanities (under-mount sinks preferred) with counter top storage separating the sinks
- Enclosed, separate water closet with pocket or "barn sliding door"
- Large walk in closet (to be honest, we can do without the walk in part as long as there is adequate closet space for both of us)
- Enough space for a king size bed with large tv placement off the foot of the bed (either placed on a piece of furniture to be purchased or on the wall)
- Suggest placement of windows along section "B" of the attached as that is the only area that is outside facing (everything else is enclosed). We're also open to installing solar tubes and/or skylights if necessary.
In terms of our style, we prefer clean lines, cabinets in darker colors (see attached for existing guest bath photos). We would like to keep something similar in design to that.
Our budget is approximately $60,000. The design will be given to several contractors so that they can bid out the work and implement the design. We're willing to work with the winning architect to make modifications to the plan/design as appropriate.