This is a walk out basement with high ceiling (the house is built into a hill) which will add approximately 1,392 square feet of additional living space.
The completed area will have:
1) Movie Theater with a large screen and ceiling mounted projector, two rows of theater style seating, with a bar behind the 2nd row so that people at bar may also watch the movie.
a. The optimum viewing distance is 1.5 to 2 times the width of your viewing screen. After you have decided this, you now know where to start your first row of seats. A 96 inch screen is a good start, but I can go larger.
b. Each row will have 4 seats, 4 seats are 120.5 inches wide…dimensions are includes in the attached photos
c. A second row may need a raised platform at least 7 inches in order to see over the front row of seats.
d. A Bar will be behind the 2nd row of seating, allowing people to sit and eat or drink while watching the movie
2) A bar with a sink and dishwasher
3) A Full Bathroom including a shower, toilet, and sink. There is plumbing in one corner the basement which will allow gravity based bathroom (meaning there is no need for a pump). The toilet flushes down, shower and sink drain down. The floor can be cut, allowing some movement of the drains
4) An area or room for a Pool table. There are three "standard" pool table sizes - 7-foot (3.5' x 7'), 8-foot (4' x 8') and 9-foot (4.5' x 9'). I would prefer an 8 foot, but can go with a 7 foot. For a 7' Pool Table the minimum recommended room size is 13' wide x 16' long. For an 8' Pool Table the minimum recommended room size is 13.5' wide x 17' long
1) Shower base 60x30
2) Tile walls in shower
3) Tile walls in bathroom going up at least 1/2 way up wall
4) include lighting, and location of switches
1) Appeal of design
2) How much of it can be used based on local codes
3) Movie theater functionality
4) bar functionality
5) Bathroom appeal
6) Cost to build